Read the Final Report of the Market Surveillance Action for Tyres 2015 (MSTyr15) revealing the testing and inspections results!
The Market surveillance Action for Tyres 2015 project, known as MSTyr15, was focussed on supporting the delivery of the economic and environment benefits of the Tyre Labelling Regulations (EC Regulation 1222/2009) by increasing the rates of compliance with it.
The project was running between March 2019 and June 2018 with the Horizon 2020 funding from the European Union. Fifteen Market Surveillance Authorities from the EU and Turkey participated in this project under the coordination of PROSAFE.
The global objective of MSTyr15 was to help deliver the intended economic and environment benefits of the labelling of class C1 (summer and winter passenger car) tyres with respect to improving fuel efficiency, Rolling Resistance (RR) and Wet Grip (WG) parameters by increasing the rates of compliance with the regulatory requirements.
In order to achieve the project goal, several specified activities were completed in a collaborative way, which included the following:
- Developing of Good Practice Guidelines to ensure consistency in the testing and inspection procedures;
- Developing of a Training Video in 15 languages to make sure all Market Surveillance Officers acquire the skills needed for inspections;
- Performing of label inspections on C1 passenger car tyres against the requirements of the EC regulation;
- Carrying out of technical documentation inspections provided by economic operators;
- Testing of class C1 car passenger tyres;
- Taking of enforcement actions against the non-compliant tyres.
In total, 12.242 labels on C1 passenger car tyres have been checked against the requirements of the EC regulation by the participating Market Surveillance Authorities.
876 sets of technical documents provided by the economic operators were inspected.
Overall, 131 tyre models were tested for Wet Grip (WG) and Rolling Resistance (RR).
The MSTyr15 project enabled an exchange of best practices and knowledge including the inspection and test results between the Market Surveillance Authorities, which resulted in performing of market surveillance activities in more efficient and cost effective way.
To find out the inspection and testing results, please read the MSTyr15 Final Report.